ABS Sensor - englische Lösung

Hier könnt Ihr Probleme/Fragen zum Opel Frontera posten.

Moderatoren: Der Ralf, karman911

Antworten [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JEOH
Überrollkäfigtester
Fahrzeug: 2.0i Sport 1997 & 1998, MB W123 230CE 1983, MB W111 220Sb 1963, , Alfa 159 1.9 jtdm SW 2009
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ABS Sensor - englische Lösung

Beitrag von JEOH » Dienstag 16. Juni 2015, 21:00

Moin,

hier ein Beitrag aus dem FOG zur Diskussion:

Replacement of ABS sensors for a V6!
Hawkmoon hat geschrieben:Hi guys,

Over recent weeks I've posted stuff about wear sensors and ABS sensors and so on, all because I've the wonderful loving glow of the ABS alarm on the dashboard!
Plugging in Vauxsqueeks MDI (tool) reported that the off side (drivers side) sensor was 'open circuit or short'. :cry:
An ABS sensor from Vauxhall is £264 each, so thats £528 for the sensors and £90 an hour plus VAT - 2hrs work a side .... !!

Bell testing the wires on that sensor verified the wires were fine and reading this post from 'keefy D' allowed me to test the sensor and verify it was knackered and the best part of the post is it offers a fix that does not cost the Earth! :D
http://fronteraowners.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... da#p596302

The MDI sadly also reported the same message for the near side, repeating the same tests confirmed that that sensor was also dead so I needed to replace both the ABS sensors.
:evil: :evil:

So as per 'Keefy D' and what he did I ordered the parts and did the same!!
Total cost, £40 and a few hours with a mate in the sun!!

Here is one of the enemies after cleaning ready for removal!:
Bild

To get here, the Hub had to be removed, which thanks to the rubbish metal used some of the screws which need to come off then stripped or rounded and had to be drilled out! (3mm HSS drill bit) :evil:
My advise is to buy the screws in advance of this operation so they can be replaced when you put it all together again! :thumbup:
[Part number is - 97810107. (a pack of ten for a little less than £10!!)]

The hole to the left of the sensor is the 'bottom' of a 5mm Allen bolt that is as stiff as hell, and you really REALLY need to drown it in WD-40 to have a hope of having it release, or you will have to drill it out as well!!
Sadly one Allen bolt I had to drill out the other released happily after a good soak!
(I will wish you good luck when/if you do yours!)

IMPORTANT!
The hole is not fully threaded!
Bloody daft I know but its threaded about 3/4 the way not all the way, so any replacement bolt needs to account for that or you thread the whole thing, upto you.

So first things first!
Remove the brackets from the new MAZDA sensor, you don't need them, now ream the fixing point to fit the Vauxhall!
Bild
(A home made pillar drill lets you remove some metal to let the holes match up! 5mm HSS drill into a block of wood, held firm and straight!)

FYI:
The MAZDA sensor when measured is NOT 2.4'ish ohms, its 1.2'ish ohms ...this is OK!

On the car cut the RED & BLACK wires (NOT the Blue and White, these belong the wear sensors)
Connect the new sensor wires to these and test.
(Any way around is fine, the sensor is a coil so like a light bulb it works either way around!)
Bild

Then thread the wires along the original ABS wire path and secure with cable ties, now crimp the wires into place and tape up and make sure its water tight!
Bild

When fitted you will note this:
Bild
(This side came apart great!)
Its also ok, so long as its bolted firm its will not move the sensor will work and report a signal for the ABS ECU to read!
The other side of my v6 looks like this:
(it had to be drilled and a new bolt installed!)
Bild

Then new some new grease and put it all back together again!

Start the car, and ta-dah!
Bild
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :drink: :party: :drink: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Gruß Jan

Interessierter C1E-Anwender und IBC Schütze - man lernt jeden Tag...
Die Statistik zählt nur - Denken und urteilen muss der suchende Leser selbst...
ixquick, duckduckgo, google und die Suchfunktion sind auch Deine Freunde!

JEOH
Überrollkäfigtester
Fahrzeug: 2.0i Sport 1997 & 1998, MB W123 230CE 1983, MB W111 220Sb 1963, , Alfa 159 1.9 jtdm SW 2009
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ABS Sensor - englische Lösung

Beitrag von JEOH » Dienstag 16. Juni 2015, 21:06

MG Autos (Mark) hat geschrieben:...

MAZDA C100-43-72Y , C1004372Y #

Make - Mazda Model - PREMACY (CP) 1.8, MAZDA - PREMACY (CP) 1.9, MAZDA - PREMACY (CP) 2.0
Gruß Jan

JEOH
Überrollkäfigtester

Beitrag von JEOH » Dienstag 16. Juni 2015, 21:09

BIGMIKE1 hat geschrieben:I fitted these Mazda sensors on mine today, had to replace them both as the previous owner broke them changing the wheel bearings, anyway its all sorted now and quite easy to do You could actually fit them very quickly if you manage to get the old sensors out of the hub and you don't bother trying to make it fit the same as the old ones but I took a bit more time and swapped it all over into the original brackets etc but I see no reason why you couldn't just cable tie the new wire to the old one.
My bolts also snapped that hold the sensors so I drilled them out and elongated the holes in the new sensor so I could nut and bolt them in place. Removing one of the brackets is a bit of a pain as the bolt is inside the upper wishbone so on one side I spent ages getting it in and out but on the other side I decided to undo the upper wishbone and lift it out of the way to give better access to the bolt
Mazda sensor
Bild
The tricky bolt
Bild
Bolt hole drilled out and upper wishbone lifted out of the way
Bild
Wiring plug swapped over
Bild
All put together ready to go back
Bild
Bolted up
Bild
Hope the pictures help and for anybody who needs new sensors then this is definitely the way forward and thanks to the OP for telling everybody about it
Mike
Gruß Jan

Der Ralf
Forums-Paparazzo
Fahrzeug: opel campo 2.5 TD 3/98 , FRONTERA A Sport 96

Beitrag von Der Ralf » Mittwoch 17. Juni 2015, 07:06

Moin Jan,

das ist ja mal sehr Goil ... die Teile gibt es ja schon für ein paar und Zwanzig Euro .... warum ist den hier noch Niemand auf die Idee gekommen :oops:
Der Ralf
Das Waldi Bastelfred (Campo) http://www.opel4x4.de/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17951
Der B den ich nie haben wollte http://www.opel4x4.de/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21524
universalvierradantriebautowagenmitvierrädernanjedereckeeinsdiebisaufdenbodenreichenmanchmal
http://brisbras.de/Campobilder/ http://www.brisbras.de/opel4x4 http://www.brisbras.de/mamut//

Frontmann

Beitrag von Frontmann » Mittwoch 17. Juni 2015, 15:36

da kann ja nur einer drauf kommen, der unmittelbar hintereinander mit beiden Sensoren zu tun hatte und erkannte, dass die Stecker und Sensorlänge kompatibel sind. Ansonsten könnte man sicher noch eine Reihe anderer Sensoren verwenden, müsste aber mehr umbauen.

Bull
Frischfleisch
Fahrzeug: Frontera B 3,2 V6 Bj.99

Beitrag von Bull » Montag 22. Juni 2015, 19:38

Hallo
Habe das thema scho länger verfolgt da ich auch sensor Probleme habe bei meinem Fronti 3,2.
Soll das jetzt heißen das vom Mazda der Sensor passt nach dem umbau ?
Bei mir hat das auslesen volgendes ergeben :Raddrehzahlsensor vorne Links Kurzschluss oder Stromkreis offen
Linkes Vorderrad Geschwindigkeitssensorsignal fehlt
Linkes Vorderrad Geschwindigkeitssensorsignal unregelmäßig
Brauch mal Eure Hilfe !
Gruß Bull

karman911
Fahrzeug: frontera 3,2 lang, dodge ram

Beitrag von karman911 » Montag 22. Juni 2015, 20:24

probier es erstmal mit reinigen.......
nur wer sich hohe ziele setzt, kann auch großes erreichen
suche; blaugetönte frontscheibe mit blaukeil für frontera a
wer viele fragen stellt, bekommt viele antworten.......auch die, die er nicht hören wollte

Frontmann

Beitrag von Frontmann » Dienstag 23. Juni 2015, 11:23

Kurzschluss oder Kreis offen muss nicht gleich bedeuten, dass der Sensor defekt ist. Da reicht schon ein gebrochenes Kabel oder ein Kontaktproblem am Stecker.

mantajrg
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von mantajrg » Freitag 26. Juni 2015, 22:05

hallo, hat das jetzt schon mal einer gegen getestet?

Frontmann

Beitrag von Frontmann » Samstag 27. Juni 2015, 10:05

wobei ja die Aussage des Fehlercodes schon ziemlich konträr ist :lol2:

mantajrg
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von mantajrg » Sonntag 28. Juni 2015, 16:20

Hat noch einer was brauchbares als linken Abs Sensor rum liegen ? Ich soll in 14 tagen den Wohnwagen in Urlaub ziehen. Hilfe

Firebiker
Böschungswinkelmesser
Fahrzeug: VW Amarok

Beitrag von Firebiker » Montag 13. Juli 2015, 20:52

Jetzt hat es meinen auch erwischt :wah:

Kann mir einer sagen, ob die Sensoren für alle Modelle gleich sind? Hier wurde ja der 3,2 beschrieben und ich besitze einen 2,2 dti 116 PS.
Beste Grüße,

der Jan :freak:

mantajrg
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von mantajrg » Freitag 9. Dezember 2016, 18:51

MAPCO 86589 ABS-Sensor den habe ich jetzt bei mir verbaut, bestellt bei amazon, und abs funktioniert.

Rems4x4
Reserveradträger
Fahrzeug: Frontera B 2,2i Limited, 1999

Beitrag von Rems4x4 » Samstag 10. Dezember 2016, 17:27

Hallo,
unter Berichte und Anleitungen ist dieser preisgünstige Tausch auch beschrieben.
Habe es an meinem B vorne gemacht, habe allerdings die Radnaben nicht abgebaut sondern die Sensoren so raus gefriemelt.
Hinten habe ich einen Original Vauxhall Sensor in UK gekauft, Ruhe ist in der ABS Anzeige
Grüsse aus dem Remstal
Gerhard

karman911
Fahrzeug: frontera 3,2 lang, dodge ram

Beitrag von karman911 » Freitag 23. Dezember 2016, 22:02

was neues bei ebay.......

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sensor-Raddrehza ... SwiylXBV~m

paßt das?
nur wer sich hohe ziele setzt, kann auch großes erreichen
suche; blaugetönte frontscheibe mit blaukeil für frontera a
wer viele fragen stellt, bekommt viele antworten.......auch die, die er nicht hören wollte

mantajrg
Reserveradträger

Beitrag von mantajrg » Samstag 24. Dezember 2016, 13:14

Glaube ich nicht das der passt, schau mal bei Amazon nach dem den ich genommen habe, weil der passt gut in die Führung und da wo der Sensor mit der Schraube befestigt wird habe ich das auf ein langloch wie weiter oben abgeändert, bitte achtet darauf, die Schraube ist dann aber zulange und das wird mist , spreche aus Erfahrung, hatte Mal 2 linke Hände.

Antworten